Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Patrick Carman is Cool!



I am not a huge music fan, but my favorite group is Bon Jovi. And I suppose if I would ever have a chance to meet the band, it would be a total rock star experience.

Meeting an admired author is much like a total rock star experience...

The kids and I had a great time visiting with Patrick Carman. (I am not sure which one of us was more excited!) Patrick had spent the day at two schools in the Dayton/Beavercreek area in addition to doing a radio interview and then made a stop at Books and Company at The Greene. I am so glad he took the time to do this as we thoroughly enjoyed hearing him speak. (It just happened to be my daughter's birthday as well! In fact, Patrick asked Tessa how old she was when talking about the intended audience for his new novel to which she responded, "Nine. I mean ten!")

Patrick was super cool and very easy to talk to. He booktalked his new book Thirteen Days to Midnight. It sounds like a thriller! Of course, we bought a copy of the book and had it signed. I'll begin reading as soon as I finish here!

He talked a little about his popular (and spooky) Skeleton Creek series, too. Can you believe he has received emails from parents saying, "Thanks a lot! My kid won't sleep in his own bed because of your book!"

After signing Skeleton Creek for our school library and our personal copy of Ghost in the Machine, Patrick invited our school to do a virtual author visit. Via the Internet and Skype, Patrick will visit with schools for free! Wow!

We feel very fortunate to have been able to meet Patrick Carman. What an experience to share with my kids (and my students back at school)!

Happy Reading!
Mrs. T :)

P.S. Reading is like breathing chocolate air!

1 comment:

  1. This is Carl from the Boys Rule Boys Read blog. I just put your comment from last week into today's post. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete