Monday, October 25, 2010

The Lightning Thief Graphic Novel


This graphic novel is 'book candy' for my students. I don't have to plug this read. All I have to do is hold it in the air, move it slowly back and forth...back and forth. My students' eyes will follow as if in a trance, mouths open, drool pooling on their desks.

The names Rick Riordan and Percy Jackson are well-known among my sixth grade students. Most of my readers fall into the category of either 'starting the series', 'in the middle of the series', 'finished with the series', or 'finished with the series, read The Lost Hero, and waiting for Fall 2011 for the next book'!!

Rick Riordan does not disappoint with this new addition to the Percy Jackson vault, The Lightning Thief Graphic Novel. This is a fun read and will please both old and new Percy Jackson fans.

Readers will notice deleted scenes from the original book. Click HERE to read one deleted scene. It's a favorite one of my daughter's...when Percy, Annabeth, and Grover visit Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium.

If you like what you see in this first graphic novel, then hang in there...Editor Christian Trimmer says that The Sea of Monsters and The Titan’s Curse are currently in the works and are tentatively set for release dates in 2012.

Happy Reading!
Mrs. T :)

P.S. Reading is like breathing chocolate air!

No comments:

Post a Comment