Friday, June 25, 2010

Lawn Boy Returns


Happy Summer! There is no better way to start my summer reading! My first book this summer is Gary Paulsen's sequel to Lawn Boy...Lawn Boy Returns.

"The summer I was twelve, mowing lawns with Grandpa's old riding mower turned into big business. With advice from Arnold the stockbroker, I learned all about making money.

Six weeks and hundreds of thousands of dollars later, life got more complicated. You see, the prizefighter I sponsor, Joey Pow, won a big fight. And a TV interview made me famous. As Arnold says, "Capitalism plus publicity equals monster commerce." Even my best friends wanted a piece of the action. Meanwhile, some scary guys showed up at Joey's gym..."

Lawn Boy is a success! His business is growing and that creates a whole new set of problems for this twelve-year-old entrepreneur. Will Lawn Boy get control of his business empire or will it be the ruin of a young boy?

If you enjoyed Lawn Boy, you just can't pass up this short 101 page follow-up!

Happy Reading!
Mrs. T

P.S. Reading is like breathing chocolate air!

No comments:

Post a Comment